Frequently asked questions about Vessl
How do I reach Vessl’s Technical Support?
Email us at: email@example.com
Phone us at: (844) 594-0206 ext. 2
What types of businesses can offer Vessl chargers to their customers, clients or visitors?
Restaurants, Cafés, Nightclubs & Bars, Airports, Lounges, Wineries, Office Spaces, Conferences & Event Meetings, Work-Share Spaces...even the Gym, Hair & Nail Salons, the Bowling Alley! Any business where people gather publicly and are using smartphones to stay connected, make purchases, or share online is a place where a Vessl portable charger is a life-saver! Who doesn’t need to keep their phone always charged and ready to go?!
What is included with my Vessl Order?
Each Vessl portable smartphone charging solution comes with:
10-Vessl portable chargers
- 1-Charging Stand
- Adapter: The AC 100-240 V. 50/60 Hz, 1.5 A Max DC 12 V/5 A plugs into any outlet
- Dock Connectors: 3 Micro USB (Android), 2 30-pin (older iPhones) & 10 Lighting (iPhone 5 & up)
- 2-Table Displays (lets your customers know about Vessl)
- Free downloadable Customer Log for tracking Vessl chargers in your venue.
How do I install the Vessl charger base at my business or office?
The product can be installed in confined spaces thanks to its two-way power supply and vertical structure which enables it to recharge all chargers simultaneously by placing one charger on top of another.
How long does it take to charge the 10 Vessl chargers on the charging stand (from zero battery to a full charge) the first time I install the base?
It takes approximately 3 hours 50 min to charge all 10 chargers from zero to full.
How long do the batteries last on standby (when not being used)?
Chargers should hold a charge for approximately 3 weeks without needing a charge. However, most Vessl users will immediately stack the charger back on the charging stand once their customer is finishing using the charger. This ensures the battery is topped off next time it is used.
How long do the portable chargers last when in use?
It depends on phone battery capacity. Since each Vessl charger is rated 3,200 mAh, the charger should last about 2 hours if charging one iPhone (5 and 6 in this case) and 1 hour if charging two (iPhone 5 has a 1,440 mAh rated battery and iPhone 6 has a 1,810 mAh rated battery)
How long does it take to charge a phone that is dead?
This depends on the size of the battery being charged and other factors. However, most smartphones with zero battery life will reach 100% charge in 2 hours or less. Devices (like tablets) with higher storage requirements will take longer to charge.
How to Use Vessl Chargers at Your Place of Business
How many Vessl sets should I purchase for my place of business?
This depends on the size of your venue and the numbers of customers you can host at a given time. A general rule of thumb is to have one set for every 100 guests. So for venues that hold 200 people you should have at least 2 Vessl sets on hand. For venues that hold 300 people you should have at least 3 Vessl sets available, and so on.
What is the best way to offer Vessl chargers to my customers?
Let your customers know that you provide Vessl chargers by placing our Vessl Table Display on the hostess stand, cafe tables, the bar, or the order counter; Window Decals and POP materials. Bartenders, Waitstaff, Hostesses or Concierges can offer Vessl as a cool amenity when they greet customers. Once customers know you offer Vessl chargers, they will start asking for them!
Can I charge my customers to use Vessl chargers on their phone(s)?
It’s up to you whether you want to charge a fee to provide Vessl to your customers, although most local businesses provide Vessl as a valuable, interactive customer service perk.
What if a customer leaves my place of business with a Vessl charger?
The great thing about Vessl is that the chargers cannot be used without the charging stand, so they serve little use to customers when they leave your venue. We also suggest you ask for an ID or some form of collateral before passing out a charger. You can also log each charger that you pass out using a journal and the serial number on the back of the charger.
Ordering Vessl Products
What are your payment terms?
Payments are processed immediately when purchased online. If you are ordering a customized Vessl, please ask your Vessl rep for your specific payment terms.
How long does it typically take to receive my Vessl order?
You should receive your Vessl 5 to 7 business days after placing an order. If you are purchasing a customized Vessl, contact your Vessl rep to track your order. If you have concerns about your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I buy replacements chargers in advance?
We don’t sell individual chargers separately, however if you need to purchase replacement chargers, please email us at email@example.com.
Can I buy additional table displays or window decals in advance?
We’d be happy to provide you with extra table displays and window decals. Simply reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
Warranties, Returns, Exchanges
What is your Warranty policy?
This warranty covers only the purchaser of this appliance.
It covers the following:
- Vessl charging stand
- 10 Vessl portable chargers
- The unit does not turn on
- The charging stand is failing to provide a charge
- Individual Vessl chargers go from fully charged to no charge in less than 60 minutes
What Is Not Covered Under This Warranty?
The Warranty does not cover the following:
- Failure to follow the operating instructions provided in the Vessl manual
- Improper or unauthorized repair by a third-party
- Fire, flood, “acts of God,” or other contingencies beyond the control of the seller
- Damaged caused by dropped, cracked, broken, etc. casing/units, etc.
- Water damage
- Electrical damaged caused to the charging station by improper installation, etc.
- Any defect caused by alteration of modification of the base unit or chargers
- Vessl does not provide warranty for genders or adapters that are damaged or broken by customers.
What Is The Warranty Period of Coverage?
Our Warranty covers a 6-month period from the date of purchase of the unit. The date of purchase is listed on your invoice and/or contract.
How will Vessl correct issues covered under the warranty?
During the Warranty Period, Connect Group Enterprises (our parent company) will:
- provide replacements parts necessary to repair the product;
- (replace the part/unit/product) with (the same/comparable);
- issue a full-refund in the amount you paid for the product
What is your Return Policy?
If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, we will be happy to arrange a return for any unused items purchased within 30 days (the product must be returned in its original condition and packaging).
- We offer a six month warranty on all Vessl products (see above)
- Return delivery costs are the buyer’s responsibility
What is your Return procedure?
If your Vessl charging stand or individual chargers fail during the warranty period, contact your Vessl rep or:
phone: (844) 594-0206 ext. 2
IMPORTANT: Please provide:
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Address, City, State, Zip
- Email Address
- Date Purchased
- Sales Rep (or indicate Online sale)
The red lights on Vessl keep blinking
When you lay a charger on the charging stand, the red light might blink for a few minutes. The blinking should stop after a few minutes of charging.
A Vessl charger that appears to be fully charged (the LCD light is blue) failed to charge a smartphone.
A red blinking light on a Vessl charger indicates that the smartphone it’s connect to is finished charging. Vessl has been designed to shut down once a connected device is fully charged. If it is the case that a phone without battery is still not charging when plugged into a Vessl charger displaying a blue light, the Vessl charger may have a depleted battery or the connecting pin may not be working.
In addition, if you do not fully charge your Vessl chargers before using them for the first time, the blue light may appear despite a low battery charge. In this case, please stack the Vessl chargers back on the charging stand.
The LCD light on a charger failed to turn on after being placed on the charging stand.
Please place the specific Vessl charger that is failing to light up further down on the charging stand. If the light still doesn’t turn on after placing the charger in multiple locations towards the bottom of the charging stand, the charger may be defective. To report a defective charger, please email support at email@example.com.
None of the chargers light up when placed on the charging stand.
Please check to see if the adapter is properly connected to an outlet and the charging stand.
Tablets are charging slower than expected.
Tablets such as iPads and Galaxy Tabs commonly require a stronger charge than smartphones due to their larger displays and greater computing power. Vessl is optimized specifically for smartphones; however, you can use Vessl to charge some tablet models albeit at a slower than normal charging rate.
The connecting pin is not working.
Vessl does not provide warranty for connecting pins (charging cords) or adapters that are damaged or broken by customers. Replacement units are available for purchase.
Initial Set-up and Use
How do I initially set up and charge my Vessl charging base and chargers?
- Place the first charger on to the charging stand by connecting the metal prongs on the stand with the receiving end of the charger.
- Place the next charger, on top of the first charger in the same fashion. Stack up all 10, they will charge simultaneously.
- Connect the adapter to the charging stand to supply power. (It takes approximately 3 hours to charge one set.)
- When the battery LED light is blue, it means the battery has finished charging.
What do the red and blue lights indicate on the chargers?
Red light indicates that the charger battery is in the process of charging. Blue light indicates that the charger battery is fully charged.
I'VE PURCHASED NFC. HOW DO I SET IT UP?
- Download this NFC Manual. It will take you step-by-step through the process of setting up your Vessl chargers to promote your marketing message to phones via NFC.
What if NFC is not working?
- Please check the settings of the smartphone or tablet.
- Please check if the reading, writing, and P2P functions of the smartphone or tablet is on (Settings > Networks > NFC settings). *The Settings will differ across models.
- Please check the location of the NFC antenna.
- The NFC antenna is typically located inside the rear side cover of the smartphone.
- Please check the location of the NFC antenna as the location of the antenna differs across models.
- Please check the rear side cover.The NFC tag cannot run with a phone using a thick case or bumper.
How can I use Vessl as a creative marketing tool?
Since Vessl chargers are portable and are naturally in proximity with a customer’s smartphone while in use, businesses have a unique opportunity to market to customers using both Vessl’s on-charger ad space and near-field communication (NFC) technology.
Sticker (Ad Space) & QR Code
Place custom stickers over the on-changer ad space to promote your company’s brand, events, promotions, and more. Take it one step further by applying a QR code to the sticker which can direct customers to your mobile website, events links, and/or videos.
Near-Field Communication (NFC)
A new form of marketing that goes one step beyond the QR code. When a customer lays a NFC enabled device on a Vessl charger, the charger can send data directly to that device. This means that the charger can seamlessly launch a video, open a website, or suggest an app download on your customer’s smartphone or tablet. Note: iPhones are not compatible with NFC.
The NFC feature is purchased separately; please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call:
(844) 594-0206 ext. 1